Complete the application for the desired permit and submit to the appropriate department listed on the form.

City Department Forms:

Building Department Forms

Finance Department Forms

Garage Sale Permit

Recreation Department Forms

Planning Department Forms

Public Works Forms:

Excavation Permit FAQ’s

Excavation Permit Application

    • Sidewalk Permits – Repairs of the public sidewalk fronting your parcel require this form.

Sidewalk Permit Application

NOTE: Service walks (from the public walk to the house) require a Building Permit from the Building Department; Drive aprons require an Excavation Permit from the Public works Department.

    • Stormwater Permits – Projects that must implement stormwater pollution prevention plans and/or stormwater management plans by the Ohio EPA and the City of Oberlin require these forms.

Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan Permit Application

Stormwater Management Plan Permit Application

NOTE: These permits are in addition to any permits that must be filed with the Ohio EPA.

Misc. / Special Event Forms:

Downtown Business Activity/Sidewalk Cafe Permit Application

Special Event Permit

Mobile Food Vendor Permit